About Me

My photo
melting but not down

Friday 14 August 2009

Not a great day

Shattered, eyes sore, skin sensitive (keep having to tie my hair back because its really itching my face and neck). Mum phoned me at work about 1.30pm, wanting me to go straight round to switch her central heating off - "well you're no good" when I said I couldn't. She also muttered something about "something funny going on", so Mr Hyde may be making an appearance tomorrow. Too tired to meet Mr Lily and friends at the pub, struggled on with current knitting project then decided it wasn't going to work so that's several weeks, a completed back and three quarters of a front down the pan. The entire contents of the kitchen are still piled up in the back room, most of them out of reach. Still, the new kitchen's looking quite good, just the floor to do now I think, should be finished by Tuesday night. Morrisons tomorrow. Urrgh.

Ok, I owe you a chuckle. Here's two from this week at work.......
As I threw my things into the boot of my car after work, I didn't realise until I'd shut the boot that I'd also thrown in my car keys. Had to phone Mr Lily and ask him to bring the spare keys. Spent the next couple of days being reminded by colleagues to open the car doors first.
As I left work one lunchtime, having walked past several people, I was shouted back by an aghast colleague who informed me that I had a length of toilet roll hanging out the back of my trousers. Sigh. Make 'em laugh, make 'em laugh.......

3 comments:

rilera said...

LOL! I too have done the toilet paper thing though I had it tucked into my waste band and it was still attached to the roll in the stall.

I hope tomorrow goes OK for you and your Mom.

Clippy Mat said...

well at least you can see the funny side...
keep smiling. :-)

Emily said...

Oh, boy, days like that...I love how they show up right when one's tolerance is at its lowest. Yes, good that you can see the humor!