About Me

My photo
melting but not down

Thursday 16 July 2009

with one eye on the pot and the other up the chimney...

I overdid the seeing thing last night. Prematurely comfortable, I spent too long on the computer and knitting with the result that I'm back to cyclops today. Sod it, I'm going into work (ie running away from the phone).

Yup, mum phoned home 4 times this morning before catching me at work to check I'm going over tonight. My boss gave me special dispensation to leave work early to avoid straining my eye so I left at 3.30pm. I'm hoping either Mr Lily or lovely daughter will take me to mum's.

They didn't. It wasn't too bad. I left at 8pm, pleading poorly eye - not too much of an exaggeration. I've overdone it again tonight. Ah well, I could always start a new sick leave tomorrow!

No comments: