About Me

My photo
melting but not down

Friday 24 July 2009

the short-lived reek of mum's lum (inspired by Clippy!)

Well yes, it was a bit too much to ask, wasn't it. I was on my own in the office this afternoon and in and out quite a bit. Didn't occur to me to check the answerphone until tea-time. 5 terse messages from mama. Phoned her, explained why I hadn't picked up the phone until then and confirmed what time I'm going round tomorrow morning. "I've been depresssed all day, can you come round tonight?" Deep breath. No, too much to do to get ready for the wedding. See you tomorrow. She's not impressed. I'm feeling the strain. Aaargh, this is very wearing.

Guess what. 19:50 - mum phones. She can smell gas. She can't hear me offer to phone the emergency gas service (again). She is unwilling to ask her neighbour to come over. She should be put down, that would just suit some people. She has no-one to turn to. Reminded her I'd see her tomorrow - its always tomorrow she retorts. And yesterday laughs I, don't you remember I was with you yesterday? She chunters. I stick to my guns. She puts the phone down on me. I phoned her neighbour, explained the problem and the fact that I couldn't come as I had a head full of hair dye and asked her if she wouldn't mind going over to check for gas. That'll fettle her! ha ha ha ha ha ha ha. I'm expecting a telling off but to hell with it, two can play at this game.

1 comment:

Clippy Mat said...

LOL her lum reeks in spurts doesn't it?
ooh she's a trier alright. you did good, well done.
stay strong. :-)