About Me

My photo
melting but not down

Tuesday 23 December 2008

Rumours of my demise have been slightly exaggerated

I have spent the last couple of days doing my best zombie impression. Mustn't grumble - not eating and sweating glowing means I've lost two pounds! Phoned in sick to work this morning and finally got out of bed just before lunchtime. After a much needed shower went over to mum's to check she was still in the land of living. Lovely daughter stepped into the breach yesterday - mum had phoned to say she was ill (she has caught my flu) but I felt far too poorly to drive over. LD went in my place and made mum comfortable, what a star - and on her birthday too! (27 - where do the years go?) Mum was in bed when I arrived today but she didn't seem too bad, she was quite cheerful and I managed to persuade her to drink some tea and eat some toast. I bought her some Vick for her chest and back (we're both coughing like chain smokers) and a Gazette which she kept picking up and reading - good sign, I think. I put an extra quilt on the bed and turned the heating on so I think she'll be ok until I go round again tomorrow.

5 comments:

rilera said...

Hope you and your Mom are feeling better soon. Everyone has been sick around here too.

cornbread hell said...

thank god for daughters. even you, lily.

get well.

Lily said...

Thanks rilera and cornbread. Hope you're both looking after yourselves x x

Annie said...

Here's hoping for a speedy recovery for you both! Happy Holidays.

DD said...

Hope you feel better, have a Happy Christmas :)