About Me

My photo
melting but not down

Sunday 19 October 2008

Picking up WilloSwitch's tag....

Seven random pieces of information about me:

1. I was born with a caul which apparently is supposed to mean I won't drown, but is that only if you carry it around with you? I think the maternity hospital probably binned mine.
2. In my youth I learned a fire-eating routine and performed it in a skimpy chamois leather costume to 'Reggae Fire' - a song sung by my husband's band.
3. I was part of a local support group that helped out at the women's camps at Greenham Common back in the early 80s.
4. I spent a year trying to run a one-woman business, making uniquely designed shirts for big men (inspired by my lovely large husband) but found it a lonely and unprofitable endeavour.
5. I still have all my own teeth.
6. Ginger is my favourite flavour.
7. There's a half-inch gap in the life line on my left hand, about two thirds of the way down. Gulp.

5 comments:

rilera said...

Do you have any pictures of you in your fire-eating days?

I'd forgotten you live in Yorkshire. I've traced my relatives to a town called Goole.

Lily said...

lol, I wish! It was just before I discovered I was pregnant with my daughter, which rather put a block on the whole 'filling your mouth with paraffin' thing after that. My friend joined me in the fire-eating and I remember we both had red and gold highlights put in our hair for the performance. Goole is quite a way away from us - probably about a 2 hour drive in a south easterly direction.

Joan@CopperCreeker said...

Oooooo Lily! This was great ; )

oldcrow61 said...

Lol, you are so funny. I do get a kick out of some of your blogs. By the way, you can't just look at the life line and say this is what it is! Other lines in the hand have to be taken into consideration with the life line. If you are right handed, what you brought with you when you were born will show in the left hand.

Lily said...

*Curtseys modestly* Thank you ladies! I wish you could read my palm for me oldcrow!