About Me

My photo
melting but not down

Thursday 15 January 2009

can't complain (but I will anyway)

Mum is on good form at the moment. Fiesty, jokey - she has demanded I cancel the home care service as she doesn't like strangers coming in, rootling through her fridge and "shoving food down (her)", especially the one who didn't wash her hands before making a sandwich. She seems to have more energy and less confusion so I've done as she asked. I think she'll be ok getting her own food and taking her tablets. She even didn't have a problem with my not going round last night (late night working) - the first time I've missed a day since she took ill just before Christmas.

I, on the other hand, am dropping to bits. Tired, eczema's back, itchy, still coughing, some weird gynaecological thing going on. Will discuss all with my doctor tomorrow as well as the sleep clinic results - oxygen levels fine but pulse irregular. I have tomorrow off work to be home when the technician comes to set up our new TV. I would like to think I'll get lots of housework done but I'll probably just sleep. Suppose I'd better get dressed and ready for work now. Sigh.

3 comments:

Clippy Mat said...

that's good news.
i suggest you just sleep on your day off. catch up on some zzzz's, blow the housework. :-))

cornbread hell said...

shit, lily. you sound like a basket case. i think you need a vacation.

(don't you just love obvious advice?)

XOXO

Lily said...

I am. I do. I can take it or leave it. OXOX