About Me

My photo
melting but not down

Sunday 8 March 2009

oh dear

I am obsessed by knitting. Its all I want to do. I take it with me to work for the lunch hour, to the pub on a Friday night and to my mother's every time I go. I even get up early on a Sunday morning when everyone else is asleep so I can knit in peace and surf the net for patterns. I have only to sew up the side seams of the waistcoat and add the buttons and its done but I'm already anxious about the possibility of having nothing else to knit after it. I have ordered the wool for the next project from ebay - a (very large) cardigan for him indoors and am looking for patterns for a hoodie for my son and a cardigan for my mum (although she probably wouldn't wear it). I now see why seasoned knitters talk of having several projects 'on the needle' at once - its an addiction! Here's a short film about me......

8 comments:

rilera said...

Lily, good for you! Knitting is a good obsession. I find it's very meditative (hence you can listen to your Mum and just nod). I'm glad for you!

¸.•*´)ღ¸.•*´Chris said...

Well Lily, that is a pretty safe obsession, actually, and a very productive one.

I am into sewing and have a project ahead of me that frankly I am both looking forward to and dreading. I found a beautiful coat at a second hand store which only needed a new lining. I bought the lining material, will carefully take out the old lining and use that as a pattern to make the new one. I just need to begin the project and fortunately I have until next fall to complete it.

I crochet but haven't done that for some time. I just do the easy stuff like blankets. I think it is wonderful you are able to knit wearable things for yourself. What an accomplishment to be able to say "I made it myself!"

Marian Dean said...

Loved the film! Lets hope you don't fall off the edge of reasoning too.
What are you knitting and will we be seeing it in glorious technicolour when it is finished?

Love Granny

Lily said...

Thank you all for your encouragement! My raspberry waistcoat will be photographed and uploaded for your delectation and delight as soon as its finished, although whether I'll be wearing it, I don't know - it looks small but it is stretchy.

Annie said...

Have you signed up for ravelry yet? The pattern browser is amazing!

Lily said...

Not yet Annie, but I will do!

oldcrow61 said...

Loved the video. So funny.

cornbread hell said...

great, great video!

catching up on your blog...