About Me

My photo
melting but not down

Tuesday 15 July 2008

Prozac day 1

Took the first tablet this morning. Obviously no discernable effect yet! Weight 11 stone 1 - hoping it will be the last time I weigh this much. Difficulty focussing on the computer at work because of the eye trouble and difficulty concentrating on/assimilating information. Short term memory also impaired. Not surprising since knackered after last night's broken sleep. Told lovely daughter about the depression at lunchtime and my boss this afternoon. Both very supportive.

4 comments:

DD said...

Hope things improve now you've got a diagnosis and have started treatment.

Depression is such a debilitating illness & you have my sympathy.

Lily said...

Thanks for the kind thoughts. Last night I almost had a good night's sleep! I think just the possibility of getting better is making me feel better.

dmarks said...

Doing something about it is such a huge first step... and you are past that.

Lily said...

Thanks for the moral support dmarks, much appreciated :-)