About Me

My photo
melting but not down

Sunday 11 April 2010

Lily - the grateful bum

This is my new bicycle saddle. I rode back from town on it yesterday and was astonished and relieved to find that despite being still rather tender from Thursday's cycle to work, it was pretty comfortable! I still had to get off and walk up a few hills and have a 'little' nap when I got home, but I'm determined to bike to work again next week and hope for a significant result at the Slimming World weigh-in on Tuesday night.

3 comments:

Clippy Mat said...

ouch. it still looks a bit unforgiving to me. I think there is a design flaw in bike seats, do they really need to be so streamlined. and firm??
;-)

Greg said...

I did 20 miles yesterday - my first significant ride in as many years, and up and down some ridiculous hills. My knees were worn to shreds by the end. But it was glorious and I spent the whole afternoon beaming.

I think you inspired me. Thank you.

Lily said...

Wow, well done Greg! I cycled to work again today and the new saddle lived up to it's promise, thank goodness. I wondered why everyone was doing a double take when I walked into the office - when I checked the mirror I looked like a marionette - as though someone had painted a big red circle on my chin and each cheek, took me ages to cool down!