About Me

My photo
melting but not down

Monday 25 May 2009

its that word again

It was such a lovely day today (and I was feeling guilty about enjoying myself on a Bank Holiday) that I went over to mum's to spend the afternoon with her. I had suggested I take her out somewhere but having had a lukewarm response to the Whitby trip (she had to walk too far, it wore her out), I decided to take our comfy picnic chairs along in case I could persuade her to sit with me in the garden. (She says she won't sit out by herself, its too lonely.) I didn't check the chairs, all folded up in their carrying bags, before setting off.

At mum's, the sitting in the garden option was mooted and accepted. I took the first chair out of it's bag. One of the legs was snapped in two. I packed it away again. I took the second chair out of it's bag. In large inky letters on one of the armrests was written 'FUCK OFF, THIS IS MY CHAIR'. Needless to say, that chair was 'broken' too and went straight back in it's bag.

So far, no-one has owned up.

6 comments:

cornbread hell said...

ahahahhahahaa.

more funny posts like this one, please.

Lily said...

lol, its alright for you, I have to live this crazy life!

rilera said...

Yikes! who's been marking up the chairs? What a shock that must have been.

Lily said...

Sadly, there's no shortage of suspects rilera! The language suggests Mr Lily in his cups but it cannot be denied that said picnic chairs went to Glastonbury with the offspring and their gang. I'm guessing they didn't stick to lemonade :-(

cornbread hell said...

lost opportunity?...

why not change the "MY" to "MOM"S" chair and see what happens.

Lily said...

ah ha ha! Another stroke?