Dr. Fauci, a modern day Prometheus
1 week ago
When I started this blog in March 2008, I was steadily losing my grip, trying to cope with mum's (undiagnosed at that point) dementia and full time work. Prozac eventually saved me from total meltdown and mum spent her last couple of years much more settled in a care home. She died, aged 92, on 10 November 2011. Life will be very different from now on............
4 comments:
Everyone I speak to has been having trouble sleeping since Christmas. I've been the worst I've ever been with insomnia - I've never heard of a sleeplessness bug before but I'd be prepared to consider the possibility.
Weirdly, I've succumbed to some skin problems that see me slathering on the steroid ointment, too. Do you think grief irritates the pores as it seeps from us?
Definitely separated at birth, you and I! I think grief must be one of those delayed reaction emotions, not allowing itself full vent until life has stabilised sufficiently to accommodate a mini meltdown. For me, stress has always expressed itself in skin problems, maybe there's a chemical imbalance, as with many mental health problems, that causes changes in cell structure?
It's so hard to stay focused on mundane things like work when we are grieving. Time heals. Thinking of you.
Lily, you'll spend some time the rest of your life discovering all the way mum's life and death has affected you, and you'll come to understand you'll never understand all the ways, and its kind of a cool feeling.
I have dreams all the time about being with mom and dad, and then dad dies and its just me and mum, and we are talking about how much we miss him, and then at some point I realize I'm just dreaming, and mums already gone too; that they are both gone.
It sounds real sad, but its really a good feeling--bittersweet--- but good.
The kind of good where you can't wait to have another dream like that.
Post a Comment